Monday, March 31, 2008

UrbanTango.com still #47 for Seattle Real Estate

I can’t believe we are still #47 for the keywords “Seattle Real Estate” in Google, this shocks me, and I just found this out. I check some times, just to see if our first days of blogging and SEO were ethical and smart, guess what, they are. Did you know that we got our start in the SEO game with me learning it from the bottom up in 2003 for my Seattle real estate website urbantango.com? I learned back than that Blogging is a key to SEO and consistent rankings. It took me about 2 years to get ranked in the top 10 in Google, actually I think I got to top 10 for a very short time for the keyword “Seattle Real Estate” and may have been at the top 10 for “Seattle Real Estate agents” a lot longer.

You see, SEO back in 2003 was a little known science, blogging was picking up, and Google was not public yet, so it’s full power was not there yet. We ranked in the top 10 within Yahoo and MSN for the keywords for “Seattle Real Estate” but that did not necessarily give us the traffic. My friend Glenn Sanford with SeattlePowersearch.com is still #1, how does he do it, and how can we get back to Google top 10 for the key words “Seattle Real Estate“? Should I even try by writing a few blogs, or should I just let it be. Frankly, I would like to try, so that is why I have been continuing to write this blog. Especially, as I saw that we are still ranked #47 tonight, crazy, I never would have thought to do so, but go with your gut takes you, is what I always say, and here I am.

Why would I SEO for a Seattle real estate site, when I have nothing to do with real estate? Well, I still have a lot of friends in Real estate in Seattle and I am sure they would all love some leads from me, that is for sure. With the bust of the real estate market, buyers are more in need than sellers are. And, the more leads a Seattle real estate agent gets the better. I learned last week that a lot of real estate websites got their rankings taken away last summer because Google does not like the reciprocal link exchange strategies. We certainly lost our page rank at UrbanTango.com from 4 to 3, but since we were no longer in the Seattle Real Estate game, we didn’t care.

So I will write a few blogs here and at our original Seattle Real Estate blog, called SeattleHouses.blogspot.com, that is where I learned blogging. We will try to get ranked in the top 10 in that, to see what we can do. If you are a real estate agent and are looking for SEO, it can be very tough to get ranked in the top 10 in your city, but we have a pretty sure way of doing so, drop us an email and or read our SEO blog at MyTypes.com/SEOblogtemplates and you will figure it out. Let’s see what we can do, I am going to give us 30 days as a goal to get ranked in the top 10. Let’s see what this SEO Consultant, moi, can do for my old site urbantango.com for the keywords Seattle Real Estate, anything but top 10 won’t make me very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home