Sunday, December 28, 2008

Success by perspiration don't blame past Karma

I have had a string of business failures the last few companies. But
before that I had a big win, when we sold a company for aproximately
$10m plus, to a public company. I have been chasing success since
those days about 7 years ago. I was one of three founders at that
time, with almost equal ownership. The next one I wanted to run my
self, not a good idea, and foolish mistakes by me.

I can tell you that I learned something each time. And deep down I
have tried I stay positive, recently I thought maybe I am just not
meant to be successful in business for my self. And that is ok with
me, especially as i do have a good job in a great field,
and with a great company. I almost tried to say it was just not meant
to be. Especially as I believe in the law of Karma, and past life
spiritual practice.

Besides reading the "Outliers" book by Malcolm Gladwell and getting
excited about success, I got reinspired from my Church (self
realization fellowship). The sermon today was all about success and
karmic impact on our success. I was mistaken about my understanding
of it, to say the least. But, I was correct in that I have to follow
Gods will for my success and I am just being prepared with my
experiences to acquire the skills and habits. As we all are, when we
don't succeed at first attempt, or third or. Fifth or whenever. The
key is to do your best and keep trying. Try to learn from your
mistakes. Here are some things I learned:

1. Pay attention to profits, and make sure that the business is
profitable in it's revenue model. Meaning make sure that it can cover
costs, especially hidden costs, and there is enough left over for you.

***since I am covering these lesson's in such detail, I am going to
continue this blog and topic tomorrow. Who said, did I yeserday that
I don't have enough to write about? :-). The rule of thumb I have set
aside for myself is that I should only write 3 paragraphs per post,
but write daily.
Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home