Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holiday Sweets to Holiday Treats

It’s normal to want ‘stuff’. It’s human nature. We all have expectations, hopes, dreams. It’s also natural that we won’t always get what we want. Usually I don’t what I want, often nothing close to it. Reality bites sometimes; small business owners struggle to make ends meet, hard working stiffs sometimes can’t work hard enough. So what does all this have to do real estate? Nothing. Well, something.

A couple days ago I had a couple college kids over to see my house. They were shocked by the amazing view just three blocks away that overlooks downtown Seattle, Space Needle and all. The Queen Anne view blew them away, and honestly, it blows me away too, every morning when I walk my dog, Logan. I love my house, my home, my neighborhood. I love it more than I thought I ever could love a home; it’s more than I ever thought I would have. Growing up in the Twin Cities in Minnesota, I never imagined I could find myself in such a place. But the beauty part is, it happened. I didn’t get what I wanted; I got what I never thought I’d need.

In talking with an agent friend of mine, I found out how worried he was about the holiday slump. I decided to help him find some leads, not because it was my business to do so, but because he was my friend and I knew I could help him with my knowledge of the Internet and the market. I did it because that’s what I want to do here, I want to help those open their eyes to the possibilities that are out there.

I want to help those who don’t know what they want; I want to help those find those things that they never thought they’d ever love.

VS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home