Sunday, December 16, 2007

To blog or not to Blog, that is the Question?

I read an interesting post a few months ago and it said to not blog everyday. At the time, I thought it was not such a good idea. But since that day, I have been blogging less and less. I wonder to my self about Quality versus quantity, and quality wins. Too bad for the SEO value of blogging everyday is higher, Google puts significant emphasis on external links coming in to your site or blog. And, also on blog type fresh content, I am not saying that is bad, because I don't know of a better way.

Content is not always king as we know from SEO and top search results. I noticed that for a friends Silver Jewelry site that I am SEOing, that they need a minimum of 1000 links to get on the first page. I hate to admit, but contextual links with proper keywords really is the key. Google does mix up is SEO ranking mix, as we discussed a few weeks on the topic of where to blog. We noticed and told you blogging on eBay if you can, Matt Cutts even mentions that if you sell stuff on eBay the better. So go sell stuff, for SEO? Well at least be real, not spam and blog on eBay.


Back to our topic of how often we should blog? I have chosen to not blog everyday on my SEO blog templates blog, because I really want it to be about quality. To blog well or to write well, one needs to focus on creativity of expression and real value to it readers. Blabbing about a topic just for SEO blogs value is no good, but some times necessary and we see people doing it. This will over time lead to demise of the cache of the blogging industry, but the great and well thought out bloggers/writers will win again.


Till than, blog your way to the Top!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home