Thursday, May 18, 2006

Seattle Real Estate Market Slowing--Have I been writing about it for months?

I loose respect for people who don't read, who don't back up their thoughts, or are too bull headed enough to not listen. I have been wrong before, and will be wrong again. I am surprised, and wrong on the fact that the market has not slowed down more, I have been predicting a Seattle Real Estate market slow down for about 9 months. This blog has been written for 2 years plus, but the posts prior to February were erased by Google. Any way, I have the posts saved to prove, even the recent posts, I have been sounding like a broken record. The Seattle Real Estate market should slow down, but that is good for the market.

I have been writing for months about the market slowing in Seattle real estate. I also have been surprised, for 2 1/2 years now, that the real estate market bubble has had little to no signs of blowing. My research has shown that the real estate market in Seattle and other areas are based on Job growth. Our unemployment rate in the US is aproximately 4.7%, our wage increases are starting to show up in the recent data. First comes the job growth, than the wage increases.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

-----Original Message-----
From: "AAA Properties" <kennedy@aaaproperties.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 00:04:17
To:<vipin@urbantango.com>
Subject: RE: New comment on It's no surprise but a boost in rates won't hurt Seattle real estate

Everyone has their own opinion, but the data shows the market has already
started to slow. You are not alone - many "experts" have their heads stuck
in the sand and/or refuse to admit what is already starting to happen. It
doesn't take an expert. Just compare the number of "For Sale" signs and
open houses compared to this time last year.

That's incredible that everyone you know is employed and in positions that
are more than survival (slave?) wages. That's much different than I see
every day.

BTW - History has shown that real estate cycles in the Pacific NW have been
similar, but behind those of southern California. There was a boom down
there up until recently where there are many signs that the bubble is about
to burst. My prediction is that it will happen here too.

Please make sure to write me back in a year or two and we can compare notes
on how the real estate market has performed ...

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: vipin@urbantango.com [mailto:vipin@urbantango.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:50 PM
To: Joe Kennedy; Seattle houses
Subject: Re: New comment on It's no surprise but a boost in rates won't hurt
Seattle real estate

Yes, I do it through Blogger and my email address via blogger. Thanks for
your comments.

On the economic impact of layoffs, and people under employed. I don't know
any such people, really I am serious. I maybe be dissillusioned, but I
think the US economy is based entrepreneurship, job growth, and innovation.
Seattle and the West Cloast will continue to prosper, that is tell the ocean
has it's day:-).
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Kennedy <Kennedy@EastsideBusiness.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:25:10
To:vipin@mytypes.com
Subject: New comment on It's no surprise but a boost in rates won't hurt
Seattle real estate

Joe Kennedy: <http://www.blogger.com/profile/14890764> has left a new
comment on your post "It's no surprise but a boost in rates won't hurt
Seattle real estate:
<http://seattlehouses.blogspot.com/2006/05/its-no-surprise-but-boost-in-rate
s.html> ":

PS - do you really post by typing into your blackberry?

Publish:
<http://www.blogger.com/email-mod-comment.do?blogID=23621426&amp;postID=1147
92991086626280&amp;publish=true> this comment.

Reject:
<http://www.blogger.com/email-mod-comment.do?blogID=23621426&amp;postID=1147
92991086626280&amp;reject=true> this comment.

Moderate: <http://www.blogger.com/moderate-comment.g?blogID=23621426>
comments for this blog.

Posted by Joe Kennedy to Seattle Real Estate News Blog:
<http://seattlehouses.blogspot.com/> at 5/17/2006 10:25:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home